UC Students traveling to participate in off-campus activities sponsored and supervised by the University are covered 24 hours a day, worldwide, for a wide variety of accidents and incidents. Coverage is underwritten by ACE American Insurance, a Chubb company. All claim decisions are submitted to and made by Chubb according to the policy rules and exclusions. For guidance submitting claims and additional policy details reveiw the UCOP Travel Insurance website.
This Student Off-Campus Travel Insurance is supplemental insurance and does NOT take the place of a student’s personal health insurance. All students must still meet the requirement of having personal health insurance in effect.
Registered UC students who participate in University sponsored and supervised off-campus activities may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Accident Medical Expense Benefit (U.S. $15,000/occurrence; Foreign $150,000/occurrence),
- Travel Assistance Services: including pre-trip assistance, arrangements for emergency medical care, emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains (when traveling 100+ miles from home)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Bereavement and Trauma Benefit, Coma Benefit, Seatbelt and Airbag Benefit, Home or Vehicle Modification Benefit (conditions apply)
- Security Evacuation (when traveling internationally)
- Additional benefits and limits apply when the covered activity occurs abroad
Cost of Coverage
Coverage is provided at no cost to eligible students when they are participating in a covered activity as defined by the policy. Students who are traveling for activities that do not qualify for coverage can enroll in travel insurance through the UC Global Travelers Program, also known as UC Personal (Blue and Gold) travel insurance.
Importance of Registering Out-Of-State and Foreign Travel
Accurate information on travel plans is needed by the campus Risk Manager to support communication with students and to provide guidance in the event of natural disaster or major political event in their travel destination. Additionally, registering travel enrolls students to receive travel and security alerts from UC's security partner, Crisis24.
All travel booked through the UC Travel Center using ConnexUC, also known as Connexxus, will automatically be registered. Travelers using other booking methods must register their travel plans prior to departure through the UC Away system. Once registered, students will recieve an email from Crisis24 that includes a link to the insurance contact card, which includes the phone number to call for guidance in an emergency as well as the policy number to use on claim forms. If you do not recieve this email, click HERE to register directly into Crisis24's Worldcue system.
Questions? Contact email@example.com