University Owned Vehicle Accidents

Report the accident or damage as soon as possible. First, notify the police (University police if on UC property) and your supervisor and/or department manager immediately.
Within 24 hours Contact Risk Services by calling 386-3079. Or call Sedgwick 24 hour claims hotline (800) 416-4029.
Take photos of all involved vehicles’ damage and any injuries with camera in glove compartment.
Take vehicle to Fleet Services if drivable.
Fill out the Vehicle Accident Report (in glove compartment)and send to Risk Services within five working days following the incident. Report must be checked for clarity and completeness by the driver’s supervisor and signed by both driver and supervisor.
Fleet Services obtains a written estimate or assessment of the condition and/or value of the vehicle.
Fleet Services proceeds with repairs after consulting Risk Services. If the vehicle is beyond repair, Fleet Services completes an Equipment Inventory Modification Form (EIMF).

Your department is financially responsible for all university-owned vehicle repair costs but may be reimbursed through the University’s self-insurance program less a $500 deductible for each vehicle incident.