Skip to content

Reporting Vehicle Accidents or Loss

All vehicle accidents and damage involving a university vehicle, or accidents that occur while the driver is on authorized University business must be reported.

Accidents involving serious injury or death should immediately be reported to Risk Services by calling (209) 386-3079.

Accidents with no or minor injury and/or damage should be reported to Risk Services by completing the Incident Report Form.

If a UC Merced employee is injured in an accident, report the injury to Workers’ Compensation.

For more information:

Personal Vehicle Accident

Rental Vehicle Accident

University-owned Vehicle Accident


See also:

Automobile Self-Insurance Program


Questions? Contact