Skip to content

Travel Insurance

The University of California Travel Insurance Coverage provides protection to faculty, staff, students, and other covered persons while traveling at the direction and approval of the University. Coverage is underwritten by ACE American Insurance, a Chubb company. All claim decisions are submitted to and made by Chubb according to the policy rules and exclusions. For guidance submitting claims and additional policy details review the UCOP Travel Insurance website.

Travel registration is required for business trips out of state and to foreign countries.

Importance of Registering Out-of-State and Foreign Travel

Accurate information on travel plans is needed by the campus Risk Manager to support communication with travelers and to provide guidance in the event of natural disaster or major political event in their travel destination. Additionally, registering travel enrolls travelers to receive travel and security alerts from UC's security partner, Crisis24.

How to register travel:

All travel booked through the UC Travel Center using ConnexUC, also known as Conexxus, will automatically be registered. Travelers using other booking methods must register their travel plans prior to departure through the UC Away system. Once registered, employees will receive an email from Crisis24 that includes a link to the insurance contact card, which includes the phone number to call for guidance in an emergency as well as the policy number to use on claim forms. If you do not receive this email, click HERE to register directly into Crisis24's Worldcue system.

Travel Benefits Summary

See Also: